Monday, November 25, 2013

Daily Blogger-Emma Krysl


“The harder you work the luckier you get.”-Gary Player. According to this quote I obviously need to work harder because I got to be the daily blogger today. “I don’t care what day I get, just not today,” I whispered to Blair as Mrs. Morrow was talking. “Today Emma gets to be the daily blogger,” uttered Mrs. Morrow. “Are you kidding me?” At this point in time I realized I was very unlucky.
Waking up this morning wasn’t really easy because it is a Monday. After arriving at school and hearing the bell, I wandered to Geography class with Mr. Hesse. We said the pledge and then did what Mr. Brosz told us to do on the computers. Even with technical difficulties we got done taking the poll. It asked us basic questions about O’Neill Public Schools. Then we saw who has won the coloring contest. Jaden came in at first, Gloria in second, and surprisingly Wyatt in third with his camo hot air balloon. We got to pick partners and “studied” our Russia and The Republics test. Personally I thought more laughing was happening than studying. Once I heard the bell, I bolted out of the room as fast as I could because I wanted to get to my locker before everyone else could.
We were pretty talkative in English at the beginning and once settled down, we wrote in our journals, or “folders” as Blair would say, about how we were persecuted in some way, maybe getting bullied or something along the lines of that. We did this in thinking of a speaker speaking at the O’Neill High School during third and fourth period. The speaker was Carl Wilkens. After that I asked if they knew who won the Daily Blogger Awards. They said yes and we started to go over who had won what. Mrs. Morrow also said that we didn’t nominate kids who really fit in the category, but who were our friends. The contest incorporated the two English classes together. Coming in with the Best Lead was Abbie. Her lead was “The sun exploded in the sky with rays of sunshine for a brand new week of school full of learning!” Best Conclusion was Blair aka Jjac. Her conclusion was “Overall I felt like we had a very successful English class, and I learned a lot about how I could fix my writing.” Best Word Choice went to Nathaniel. Some of his best word choice were, “meager,” “enthusiastic,” and “consisted.” Aurora won the Most Detailed Account of English Class. I’m not going to put her entire Daily Blogger in here, but it was very detailed. Most Entertaining went to Shayne Campbell. I won’t put his in either, but you can almost guess what his is like. Last but not least, Marissa Licchty went home with the Best use of Visuals. She had a picture that showed two stars and one wish. Congrats to everyone who won. Hopefully this round of blogs will top the last. After Mrs. Morrow got done explaining all of this to us, she gave me the dreadful news that I was daily blogger. She passed out papers and told us which days we had. Also, she explained our new grading policy. We won’t start at 100, but at 0 and work our way up with how our blog is. During this Justin got in trouble for messing around at the pencil sharpener. Then Mrs. Gotschall’s voice came over the intercom and told us to take our stuff to our locker and head to the library if we were going to hear Carl Wilkens speak about Rwanda. That was pretty much our entire English class, so that’s when English ended.
The energy of today’s English class did not continue throughout the day to the other classes but remained in room 220. This happens more and more as the school days go on. I don’t know what’s so different about that classroom, but it makes everyone so energetic and comical. Tomorrow the JH Girl A & B basketball teams are home with Neligh and the JH wrestling is @ Ainsworth. I worked really hard on this hoping my bad luck of being the daily blogger won’t last that long. All in all, I feel like we had a very educational English class today.
Brendon asking Mrs. Morrow a question.
Our new grading policy for Daily Bloggers from now on.





3 comments:

  1. I appreciate you putting my nickname in there, but it's Jjac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete