Monday, March 31, 2014

Nebraska poem

The Rancho
By Jose Ponce
The ranch where I work is my favorite place to be
The place that taught me what I’m today, a hard
Workingman who would have know that a small
Ranch located in the northern part of Holt County
Nebraska would teach me such passion and love
Toward the animals and outdoors.

Me a young boy that grew up in that grew up in the
Ghetto parts of Las Vegas NE, but one day moved to
O’Neill NE and love what he saw but, what he really love
Was where he worked. Here the sound of the police sirens turned to a
Quiet breeze in the air and the traffic honking turned to
The cows mooing.

And this is why this place in Nebraska is my personal
Favorite because it help me enjoy the outdoor
And learn learn new things, things that would
Have never learned if I were in vegas.


No comments:

Post a Comment