Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 1st Daily Blogger - Julia Bauer


When I woke up this morning I thought it was going to be just any other boring school day. My perspective on this same old Tuesday changed from the minute I walked in the doors of O’Neill JR/SR High School. As I walk in I could hear laughing over yonder I wonder what this laughing might have to do with. Of course like anyone else I opened my ears up just to hear the whisper of an April Fools joke. It hit me that today is April Fools.
When the tardy bell for 4th period rang I could hear the moans and cries of the 8th grade students at OHS who had English this period. As soon as that bell rang we were put to work. Our first assignment was to write about a funny prank on April Fools you have done, want to do, or it happened to. Of course we had to share these crazy stories. The next thing we had to do in English we went through a PowerPoint the chompchomp.com put together. Mrs. Morrow went through the PowerPoint to help us get the hang of what our assignment would be. When we were finished going through this helpful presentation we moved on to the real work. A 20-problem worksheet from Grammar Bytes.
Throughout my silly day I wound up at my grandparents with my mom. We talked for about 30 minutes. At the end of our visit my grandparents wanted to show us the pictures they’ve put on the fridge of our family and my aunts and uncles families. When we were getting ready to finally leave my grandpa told me he was really glad I was doing band. This was the perfect opportunity for one of my many April Fool’s jokes. I told him I wasn’t going to do it anymore and how my family is disappointed in me for not doing it anymore. The expression and tone of his voice was hilarious! I made sure he knew I was for surely that it was an April Fools joke and we laughed together.

1 comment:

  1. Like your grandpa, I too am glad that quitting band was just an April Fool's Day joke!

    ReplyDelete