Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Daily Blogger April 1st


            Today was just another typical day at O’Neill Junior-Senior High School. I crept into the mysterious 8th grade hallway wondering why there was no one in there, and then I remembered that it is 8:05 A.M. I started scrambling down to Mr. Hesse’s room because I didn’t want to be counted tardy. He ended up counting me present which elated me. In first period civics, we read an article about segregation in schools. Then we did a worksheet over what we read. This morning was pretty uneventful to say the least.
            In second period English, we started off by opening up our journal and writing about our April Fools Day experiences. To be honest with you, I think this day might be the dumbest day ever. Next we worked on our DGP (Daily Grammar Practice) and our sentence was “the hair of the affrighted pedagogue rose upon his head with terror.” Then we looked at slides about parallelism or parallel structure. The slides were messed up but a few of them worked. One of them said that Shane burped with content and that describes our Shayne perfectly. There were examples that really helped me learn how to notice which sentences were parallel and which ones weren’t. Mrs. Morrow called on people to answer the questions. Next the class went to chompchomp.com working on parallel structure and there were some pretty entertaining sounds when you got an answer right. That is what we did for the rest of English class.
            Tonight is the first night for what seems like forever that I don’t have something going on. I might take a nap and just sit around and watch TV. There should be some good basketball on tonight. At least it is only a four-day week for me as I have the state geography bee on Friday in Omaha. Stay classy OHS.
Mrs. Morrow teaching us parallel structure

Paper about parallel structure

No comments:

Post a Comment