Thursday, April 3, 2014

Daily Blogger April 3, 2014 By: Shayne Campbell

            Today as I walked through the luxurious door of O’Neill High School, I had one thing on my mind. It’s exactly one week before my first track meet. I have been waiting for it to be this close for over a month, but I am sure others thought differently while walking through the O’Neill High Schools doors. For example some may have been thinking that it is getting close to this weekend. I am sure all were dreading their first period class though, mine is science. I walked in and I knew that today was the day we had to review our Check for Learning. I hate doing this except for the fact that it does help me on my NeSA testing. Everybody paid really good attention to Mr. Morrow, which I am sure he was happy about. Overall I think we had a good first period!
            As I walked down the stinky hallways of OHS, I had one thing on my mind English. I don’t hate English, but we don’t necessarily get along! Most of all I am not the best writer. To start off today we did daily grammar practice. It was really easy because we only had to write the sentence down correctly. It took us all about two minutes and then we reviewed with the class about what the corrections were. Then we moved on to writing in our journal. We had to read an article about a sex offender who is asking for a pardon. We all wrote our opinions and then shared them with the class. This took awhile because we had to read the article and the write down what we thought. For the past few days we have been doing a language review. Today our topic was punctuation. I am not the best at punctuation, but I have to sharpen up my skills because of the NeSA testing that is coming up soon. Today we were supposed to review on the computer, but since class time was running short all we had to do was review the PowerPoint. I am lucky to have made it out of English class alive!

Mileena is working hard reviewing for NeSA
            The yucky smell of school could make me puke! That is usually how I feel about school, but so far today it has been pretty good! I am excited for track practice because that means I am one day closer to my first meet, which is exciting. Mrs. Morrow has taught us a lot about language review this week. Mrs. Troester is always there to help us with our questions, which is extremely nice. All in all those two make a good team of teachers and
help our class learn a lot about what we are capable of! That’s all for this Thursday, April 3, 2014 it looks like it’s clear skies from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment