Thursday, February 20, 2014

2-19-14 by Gabby M.

When I entered O’Neill High School the clicking of cowboy boots on the hard floor alerted me. At that moment, I realized it was day three of FFA week – Dress like a Farmer/Rancher Day. Once I arrived in English, I sat down and we started DGP (Daily Grammar Practice). Then Mrs. Morrow read us some persuasive letters that were sent to a newspaper. We were then handed sheets to fill out, to help organize our own letters to the editor. We worked on that until the bell rang knowing our rough draft will be due Friday. I hope everyone gets it finished!
Before English I noted that there where people missing, but they had been here in the morning. Paola clarified to me that they had gone to court. They weren’t getting prosecuted, but just watching what happens in court. I got my planner out in civics class to write down what we had due. It was a couple of minutes before the bell rang so I packed my things to be ready for English.

Fifty- three people had to fill the spirit bus to go to State Wrestling. Can you believe we had 10 students from our school qualify? We didn’t reach the goal of 53 people, but the school did take about 20 students down to watch. A lot of kids were already going with their families. We are so proud of our O’Neill Wrestlers! Good luck!
Mrs Morrow reading us a letter 

No comments:

Post a Comment