Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

    After an unfavorable outcome in the Super Bowl by my standards, I drag myself through the first Monday of February. I moan in acquiescence as our math teacher announced that our next chapter would be over probability. Things began to look up as I finished our last quiz of our book Speak, for I see that in English we are having a spelling bee. Not intending to win, I try my best to spell the inquisitive words. As I sat unknowing that I had landed a spot in the next round, I pondered over the word feudalism wondering if I spelled it right. "f-e-u-d-l-i-s-m," I thought, "no that can't be right it is f-e-u-d-i-l-i-s-m" of course I know now that both of those spelling were incorrect. I was flabbergasted to learn that I –a person no brighter than a 10 watt light bulb– had won a place in the second round of the spelling bee. I plan to study tonight from my brothers "Eaton's True Blue Contests Speller" book.
     Just as the Winter Olympics are getting ready in Sochi, I begin training for track season. With basketball finally winding to a close in just two weeks, I have been given more time to run. After I recover whatever this crud that has been going around the school, I will start running again. I start of my week with an endurance run, then a work up to a speed workout on Wednesday, then back down. So have the fire extinguishers ready, because I am going to burn some rubber this season!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your writing voice in this blog post, Tyler! VERY well-written with exceptional transitions. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete