Monday, February 10, 2014

Daily Blogger February 10, 2014 By: Shayne Campbell

            Yuck it’s the gross, yucky, boring, unlucky, and dreaded Monday morning. There is only one thing I hate more than Monday mornings, math tests. Of course today is one of the days I have a math test. What a way to start your week, a test on Monday. Before you start thinking that Mondays are terrible just remember that you could be having a lot worse Monday, now onto my “dreaded” Monday. I got dropped off at the front door and I was freezing by the time I got into the school. Luckily the warmth of the halls comforted me even though they smell like raw tuna. I grabbed my bags and headed to first period, Science. I don’t mind Science, but I knew today was going to be tough because we had a web quest. I worked diligently on the web quest even though I didn’t get it done. I got past first period and was on my way to finishing the dreaded Monday with flying colors.
            Ring, ring, ring and their all the kids go. The bell rang at 8:49:10. I hopped, skipped, and jumped to English class. I think I might have set a record time! When I arrived I knew today was going to be a fun day because we were working on CBL. Our group is working on Underage Drinking. Before we got to Challenged Based Learning we had to finish up our Daily Grammar Practice. I think Daily Grammar Practice is really boring even though it helps us with our writing. I am not the best at Daily Grammar Practice and today we had to diagram the sentence. I had to get help from Aurora, but I did finish it and hand it in on time. After we finished Daily Grammar Practice we watched a four-minute video by Kid President. It was funny, but it also related to our Challenge Based Learning Project. Mrs. Morrow told us that on our Google docs we had to color-code our names so that we know who does what. For the remainder of the class we worked on creating questions for our Google doc. For homework tonight we have to find an article and jot down notes. I hope that this Challenged Based Learning project ends up great!

            Now that my Monday morning is over I feel stress free and relieved. Monday mornings are not easy for me because I can’t seem to be able to pull myself out of bed. So far today has been pretty good though. In first period we worked on a web quest that lasted all period. It was over earthquakes and what kind of waves there are. I am starting to understand earthquakes and how they happen. English was a good time because we got going on our Challenged Based Learning project. Mrs. Morrow always knows how to connect technology with school. Mrs. Troester is great at helping us with our questions when we are stumped or confused. I think that we have all grown as a class into becoming better English students because of the two wonderful teaches we have. So with that being said have an exceptional rest of your day and see you tomorrow!

Wyatt working diligently on CBL

No comments:

Post a Comment