Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Daily Blogger by Julia

I rushed out of the door to the street covered in a blanket of a fresh new white sheet of snow. Thinking I was going to be late I started running and tripping over my feet as usual. My backpack almost off, hanging onto only my forearm finally getting into the warm building we call school with my hat half on and half off.
When I get into English class it smells of wonderful body odor I then hear Mrs. Morrow say, “Get out you writing notebooks.” It was a shock to all of us since we haven’t used those for a while. When we figured out what our subject to write about was going to be we settle in for about 3-5 minutes and wrote about digital learning and what it would be like without any devices for 24 hours. I personally don’t think many people could actually pull through without any devices for a full day. Mrs. Morrow wanted to see how many of us actually used technology and more than fifteen of us used our devices for more than fifteen minutes. She asked us a couple other questions about our usage with our devices and then assigned us to keep track how much time we spend on our devices. We did our DGP for the day and I don’t know about anybody else in the grade, but that’s my least favorite about English class today. Mrs. Morrow reminded us to post to our blog the Blindsight poster that was due today.
We soon got started with something everyone had been waiting for, the spelling bee. Such a great excuse to get out of just a little bit of English class. The competitors for round number two with four contestants were Tyler, Abbie, Daisy, and Pedro. With Sam keeping score you couldn’t argue with the results. The winners within fourth period were Abbie and Pedro. They will be competing against Justin and Emma who were the second period winners. After we announced who had won we packed up and got ready to go to our next class. My next class was band Mr. Dean helped Shelby’s muscles remember how to play an F on the tuba so our new song Amazing Grace sounded a bit better.
Briaunna and Haley hard at work!


No comments:

Post a Comment