Monday, February 3, 2014

Daily Blogger 2-3-14 Aurora G.

Ugh, Monday. After the tests and sickness last week, I don’t think anyone wanted to come to school today. A reminder popped up on my computer screen when I was working on my tectonic plates project and reminded me that I was Daily Blogger today.
Arriving in English class, I set to work.

The first thing we did was take out our hot tips. We didn’t do them together because so many people have been gone, and we are all kind of on a different page. So, she said to finish up however many tips you have left and then hand them in tomorrow. Everyone in the class had the last two tips to do, but many kids had more because of being sick. After that, we took out our DGP and did Friday’s graphing of the sentence. I had missed Wednesday’s and Thursday’s, so I borrowed a friend’s and then got it turned in.

When all was turned in, Mrs. Morrow announced that it was that special time of the year again: the annual Holt County Spelling Bee. Everyone turned to Justin and was talking to him because he has made it to the final round for the past two years. In the first round, we had some challenging words that even our teachers didn’t know. The second round was hardly any better. At the end of class, Mrs. Miller announced the kids who would move on to the oral round tomorrow: Justin, Shayne, Ehric, Emma, and Gabbie out of second period. I’ve never been a good speller.


Finally, we worked on finishing up our Blindsight Movie Motivator posters; weather it be writing our paragraph, finding a picture, or searching for a quote. All of the websites or instructions you needed for this project were on that sheet Mrs. Morrow gave to us after we finished the movie on Friday.

Tonight is the O’Neill JV wrestling invite, and tomorrow night is Mid States Boys Basketball in Norfolk against Crofton. So, in the 
wise words of Mr. Hostert, “Good luck and go Eagles!”




No comments:

Post a Comment