Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Daily Blogger 12-17-13: Aurora Gutshall

Tuesday; one of the busiest days of this week as everyone at OHS is just impatiently waiting for Christmas break to arrive. When I woke up, the memory of last night’s victory was fresh in my mind, and a smile crept to my face. As I laid in bed, all of the other things like my big project due today and our big unit test in reading came back into my thoughts like a slap in the face. Oh yeah, and I’m daily blogger, too.

When the bell rang marking the end of first period, I scurried to English class with  Gabbie and grabbed our journal box on my way through the door. Immediately as I sat down, I glanced at the board and saw that we were in for a busy da
y. The first thing Mrs. Morrow said was that I was daily blogger, and so I unzipped my computer bag and began to write. She continued on saying that if you haven’t posted a blog post yet, you need to get one posted of a day this week before you leave for break! After she was finished informing us about the blog, Mrs. Morrow told us to go to Blackboard and into the Poetry Unit folder, and there was a file in there that said Point of View Poem. You can’t open it, but you are just supposed to copy the text written under it into your Poetry Notebook document in a new tab because there wasn’t one made for this poem. The idea of the poem is to choose an inanimate object and write about how it would feel to be that object. I chose the first thing that popped into my head, or more like onto it: a bobby pin. Anyway, after you get finished writing your poem, you are supposed to post it to your blog. When we got all the instructions about our poems, Shayne called out, “How long does it have to be?” Mrs. Morrow told us the story of how she was in school, her principal (who was also a nun in the Catholic Church) would announce a saying when one of the students would ask her this same question. “A piece of writing is like a girl’s skirt- long enough to cover the subject, and short enough to be interesting.” All the guys got a kick out of that. We had some work-time for our poems, but at about 9:30, we put them aside and oped up our Bronx Masquerade book and continued reading.


Even though Mrs. Troester was gone today, all went well in 2nd period English class. We got all the things done that we needed to, and more. Good luck tonight to the basketball team as they head over to Pierce to battle for the win. Also, after today, we only have 3 more days till break, so Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment