Monday, December 2, 2013

Wyatt Liewer December 2nd


            Droopy eyes and tired faces aroused in O’Neill High School on a beautiful Monday morning. I knew right when I woke up that today that it was going to be a long tiring day.  To start the morning off I would make my way to school and down the corridor to Mr. Hesse’s room. This class is one of the best to start of the morning and the week because he is a really laid back guy and doesn’t give a sliver of homework. Today’s class consisted of some geography questions. It was the North vs. South. The game was hard fought, but the North slipped out a close victory. Following this class period I made my way down the main hallway to English. This is how my Monday morning began.
            The smell of girly perfume and the aroma of candles smothered me as I walked into Mrs. Troester’s room. I ventured to my seat and pulled out my journal and writing the date December 2, 13 on the next open line. For journal today we watched a YouTube video with kids from a school reciting a poem at a teacher workshop. This video was supposed to prepare us for the next section we are learning in English on poetry. After watching the video we had to write what we thought of the poem said in the video in our journals. We also had to share our thoughts about poetry and what the definition of a poem is to us. Next we moved onto the literature textbooks to page 582 which was in the chapter about poetry. The whole class read from 582 to 586. We were all informed about the two types of poems. Traditional and unconventional poems are two different pieces. I think this poetry unit will be very interesting because it should be fun. I am looking forward to writing poems of my own. After we finished reading these pages, we moved onto the writing forum. We are giving feedback on 3 people’s coffee house forum. We cannot pick someone from our grade or school. This assignment will be due on Friday.
            This was the basic summary of English class for Monday December 2nd. It ended up being a pretty boring class period, but we all learned quite a bit. I think everyone will have a very good time during this unit. Most kids would rather have a boring period than have a fun one and get a ton of homework. Well that wraps up my day being daily blogger; I hope you didn’t get to chubby over Thanksgiving.

Link for YouTube video:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xgawG-yCew Watch at minute 12:30 until the end of the poem. 
Toots working hard
Feedback Assignment

             
                      



No comments:

Post a Comment