Friday, December 13, 2013

Gabbie S. 12-12-13

Walking in the freezing cold weather isn't the most fun thing to do, especially when it's only 25 degrees. Sam and I raced into the building and we were welcomed with warm air. Groans and complaints were flying all over the school saying, "I don't want to be here!" or "Why can't school be over with?" When I strode into my first period class, a grin was plastered on Marissa's face. I have no clue how she can be so cheerful in the morning. Mr. Morrow gave us a puzzle worksheet for an assignment. This was the start of my Thursday morning.

The sweet sound of the bell rang sending me off to second period English finding first period's box on the table, again. I grabbed first period's box, put it back, and grabbed my period's box. I started to take out my journal, but Mrs. Morrow said that we were going to watch a video instead. The media included a woman reciting a poem, comparing her childhood to her brothers' childhood. My favorite part of the poem was when she put a glass on her wall to listen to her brothers in the other room. After listening to the humorous poem, Mrs. Morrow told us about what she, Trevor, and Jared did yesterday. We learned more about cyber safety and how a special type of investigator can look at your cellphone and see if you have done anything wrong or bad on it. Do you know the application, snapchat? You can only see the picture your friend sees you for a certain amount of time unless you screenshot it, but this special investigator can see those pictures you send for as long as he or she wants. After hearing about some of the scary types of things that can happen, we read Bronx Masquerade for the rest of the class. The book is filled with poetry and stories from students that are involved in the "Open Mike Fridays."

This was an adequate recap of Thursday's second period English class. It was very interesting learning more about cyber safety. The junior high girls have a basketball game and the junior high boys have a wrestling meet, also. It's time to say goodbye! This wraps up my blog post, and I hope you liked it!




The cold weather from today.
Photo by Ruthanne Reid on Flickr

Internet Safety
Photo from Lunnerbunny at en.wikipedia



No comments:

Post a Comment