Friday, January 10, 2014

1-10-13 Gabbie S.


Screaming. That’s what I hear at six thirty in the morning. My dad was screaming because it’s “High Five Friday!” My little sister, Bristol, was yelling at my dad because it’s not “High Five Friday,” it’s “trash day” according to her. After listening to their squabble, I decided to get up because it is Friday and that always makes me gleeful. I walked to school and survived the biting cold weather. In reading class, we corrected our interactives and took the quiz on the two stories we read. We also had some free time to read our novels or to finish our book reviews, which are due Monday.

In English class, we learned something about the "ancient times" that Mrs. Morrow apparently lived in. Mrs. Morrow's favorite part of English class in the "ancient times" was diagraming sentences. In our hot tips lesson we learned how to do that. It is confusing to me, but I think that I will catch on. After hot tips, we went to DGP. All we had to do was combine two sentences and make them more imaginative. Following DGP, we went to our descriptive object essays. Right away we started our lead paragraphs with the help of our prewrite papers and some classmates shared their lead. Mrs. Troester and Mrs. Morrow were pleased with them. For the rest of English class we were given time to work on our first draft of our essays. These are due Monday.

Today was great for everyone at school. The junior high basketball boys were excited about winning last night and others were just happy that it is Friday. Don't forget about your descriptive essays and book reviews that are due Monday! This was a review of English class and a few other events that happened today.


Diagraming Sentences





No comments:

Post a Comment