Monday, January 27, 2014

Daily Blogger!


          “Emma! Get UP!! We’re ganna be late for school!!” screamed my sister, Abby. As I drug myself out of bed I remembered I was daily blogger today. That possible ruined my morning. I hate daily blogger, but I do it anyway because I want to get a good grade. My morning was pretty uneventful. The only thing that was shocking was that a lot of kids are sick today, which isn’t that good. The kidless classes obviously didn’t affect the teachers, as we still had mounds and mounds of homework. Without some louder classmates, we had a quiet and non-stressful day. Math was especially quiet.
            After hearing the bell, I walked unenthusiastically down the main hall to Mr. Hesse’s civics’ class. As usual we forgot to say the Pledge of Allegiance. Mr. Hesse took attendance. The result was Blair, Justin, and Garrett gone. Despite the absentness’ we still read our Upfront’s and sadly had an assignment. It was pretty easy though, and had about 20 minutes for a study hall.
I meandered to my next class English and Mrs. Troester reminded me of the dreadful news again. We even had more kids gone in second period than we did in first. Right away we grabbed our iPad’s and started on our reflection using the Explain Everything app. I already had my sheet filled out, so I started right away on creating it. Once I got everything done in the app, I voice recorded over it. The room was too loud so Aurora, Wyatt, and I went to Mrs. Morrow’s room to record with the microphones. After some technical difficulties with Aurora’s iPad, we finally got done and headed back to the classroom. Most of the class got it done, but some sadly didn’t due to the time allotted. Also, we had to post our second descriptive essay to our blog.
                 Kids after kids were dropping throughout the day. “Where’s Sa-?” “Sick.” This question was asked a lot and answered pretty much the same. I came to school feeling great, but left with a cough, runny nose, and sore throat. School should have been let out at 1:00 due to sickness. 69 was the magic number of kids ill by the end of the day. Maybe we are all sick because the school doesn't know a magical thing called a heater! The whole school was freezing! Mrs. Troester had a jacket and scarf on to keep warm. I'm pretty sure it was colder in the school then it was outside. I know we got some budget cuts, but I don't expect to be freezing my butt off because of it. Despite the sickness, we pushed through and had a somewhat successful day. And PLEASE cough into your sleeve instead of in your hands or in the air.



The iPad's we used in English.



Kidless classroom's

More kidless classroom's



No comments:

Post a Comment