Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1-22-14 Wyatt Liewer


I strolled my way through the doors of OHS on this Wednesday morning, walked down the hallways, and then entered the lunchroom. This is where get out daily dose of the newest gossip on the street. The bell rang and I walked into my first period class. We had to watch a pretty boring video, but we finished without an ounce of homework. After that I walked down the main hallway to English. It wasn’t the scent of girly perfumes that hit my nose this morning as I walked into my second period English; it was the stench of B.O. Everyone was holding there shirts over there noses and snickering to each other how bad it stinks.
The first thing that was on our checklist was DGP (Dailey Grammar Practice). Today we are doing Wednesday and Thursday because we are going to have a big practice day tomorrow for out writing essays. We then moved down the to do list to Hot Tips number ten. For this problem we had to avoid shifts in voice. This is the last lesson in our Hot Tips packet, but I don’t know if we are going to do another one or not. After finishing that Mrs. Morrow instructed us on how to write a great lead. She told us that you should try to tie in your whole essay in the last paragraph and kind of summarize the whole essay in your conclusion. Following that lesson I noticed an unusually large stack of dictionaries on Mrs. Treoster’s desk. She passed a dictionary to each kid. We are supposed to find one adjective and one verb or an over used word, then look it up in the thesaurus and change it. This should make our essays sound like we are smarter. After this we got the talk about the differences between to, two, and too. Our class was then slit an over ¾ of the class left to get band pictures. They all cleared out then Mrs. Troester handed out a piece of paper. I crossed my fingers hoping that it is not homework, but my scheme didn’t work. It is a work sheet that will help us punctuate dialogue. We then handed in our essays about a person or a pet, and then continued on our homework.
Over all I felt this English class was very productive. We did a lot of little things that helped us to be better writers. If you missed this class you will have quite a bit to get caught up and some homework. After today’s English class I feel like I can write a better conclusion that ties up my whole essay to summarize it better. Today was a fun in English and a great day to be a daily blogger.
Mrs. Troester teaching us about conclusions and all the different to's 
Using the dictionary on our essays


No comments:

Post a Comment