Friday, January 17, 2014

Daily Blogger Justin Appleby


            Oh am I happy today. I get to be the daily blogger! In first period Civics today, we played current events the whole time. The keeper of the eye was Garrett and I was happy about that cause I knew he would call on people fairly. Of course the boys won as usual. The girls always try to cheat but they aren’t even good enough at that to win. This is my favorite day of the week when we play current events. Last night, the O’Neill Junior High boy’s basketball team beat Ainsworth by fourteen points.
            During second period English today, we started off with our Hot Tips #7. We had to get rid of deadwood. Then we diagramed the sentence that we had for our Daily Grammar Practice. Mrs. Morrow was teaching us how to stay away from potential sentence fragments and a bunch of other things wrong in our essays with examples of some of the students in our class. She did a really good job explaining how to fix them to make them complete. Then we got our essays back and had to highlight our main idea in our first paragraph. We also highlighted a lot of other stuff to see if we had it in our pre-write. Next, we had to go onto our essay on our computers and fix all of the things that our teachers suggested us to change. Then we had to post our final draft on our blog.
            Tonight is the Frolics dance at our high school. No junior high students are allowed which means that some of them will have a boring Friday night. I hope you had a fantastic time reading my daily blog post because I know I did!
Hot Tips #7

Mrs. Troester handing out our next essay to get ready for the NESA test

No comments:

Post a Comment